Monday, July 30, 2018

Moving forward...

We have been finally getting some much needed rain this monsoon season. We've gone from a drought with high fire warnings to a nice muggy couple of weeks here on the mountain.

Music - for the past few months I've been attempting to rekindle my musical aspirations. It was difficult for a number of reasons (mostly tasks that needed to be addressed around the homestead) but I discovered that my equipment layout in the studio had no flow! Instead of being able to walk up to my equipment and begin, I realized that things were too jammed together. I rearranged some things and now all my equipment is easily accessible... keyboard, guitar, bass, mixers, computer, etc. What a concept!

So... now that I can easily access my keyboard, what is my first challenge?

There is a song performed by Delaney & Bonnie on their "Accept No Substitute" album called "Ghetto". I've always liked the song but what flips me out the most about it is Leon Russell's keyboard riffs! Leon has always been a favorite of mine for a number o reasons but his "voicings" on his riffs on this tune just do something to me.

[Nine days later...]

Of course, now that I have written about my "progress"... life has interjected itself with many tasks that  have needed my immediate attention! Which is to say... I have not spent much time in the studio!

I'm going to publish this post and hope that the next one reveals some musical advancement.

Mahalo.

T.F.O.T.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment